The aim of PhD thesis is to devote the candidate's abilities to perform original research work of an appreciable level and to contribute significantly to solving scientific, technological and socio-economic problems.
The thesis must necessarily contribute to the advancement of knowledge or lead to new applications. The requirements for doctoral training make it possible for the future recipient to assess the qualification, the habilitation and the aptitude required to carry out research work independently.
2) Conditions of access to the PhD in Sciences:
Access to registration for the PhD in Science is open to holders of a magister with honors or a diploma recognized equivalent. The doctoral training leads to the title of doctor of sciences in the studied specialty.
The doctoral thesis consists in the elaboration of an original research work having been the object of at least one (01) publication in a scientific journal of recognized interest to a reading committee and sanctioned by the writing and the oral examination of a thesis.
3) Admissibility of the Examination files of the doctoral thesis:
The originality of the work allowing the presentation and the defense of a doctoral thesis supposes that the candidate must present an original work and be the first author in the publication presented.
3.1) Examination of thesis of Doctorate in Sciences:
a) Examination of Thesis file:
The thesis director must present to the Scientific Committee of the department :
- A copy of the thesis.
- The international publication (s).
- A written proposal of a jury composition.
The defense file is deposited at least sixty days (60 days) before the date of oral examination.
b) Procedure for the Oral examination for a thesis:
- After checking the file, it is sent to the scientific committee of the department for the proposal of the jury which, once validated by the scientific council of the faculty, will be sent to the vice-rectorate of the post-graduation which establishes the decision appointing the defense jury.
- The decision appointing the defense jury is referred to by the Rector of the University.
- The doctoral student presents six copies of the thesis in addition to a digital copy, copies of scientific works and a public defense of the thesis by the director of thesis.
- The vice-rector of post-graduation is responsible for transmitting to each member of the jury a copy of the decision, the thesis and the work for expertise.
- Expert reports must be sent by the president of the jury to the vice-dean of the post-graduation who will transmit them to the vice-rector of the pos-graduation within a period not exceeding 60 days.
- If the expert reports are favorable to the defense, the vice-rector of the post-graduation establishes the authorization of defense which will be stamped by the Rector of the University.
- In the event that reports have reservations about the content of the thesis and are unfavorable to the public defense, it is up to the candidate to dispel these reservations within a period not exceeding 06 months.
- The scientific publication (s) to be selected must appear on a list of journals selected and validated by the scientific council of the faculty.
- If the journal does not appear on this list, an expertise of the publication will be requested by the Rector. The expert (s) designated by the Rector will carry out the expertise in an anonymous way
The journals authorized for doctoral defenses must meet certain conditions :
The journal must have an ISSN number,
The journal must have an international scientific committee,
The scientific works proposed for publication must be appraised by a reading committee of the specialty,
The journal must not be a paying one ,
The journal must be accessible on the Internet (URL),
Due to the peculiarities specific to each discipline, faculty scientific councils can propose other criteria considered useful on the condition of respecting the listed conditions.
The proposed article for publication must be appraised according to the procedures accepted by the journals, however it is imperative to keep the traceability of the expertises.